September 4, 2008
Arrived in Paris - yup here I am in my very own tiny tiny (did I mention tiny) room. I am doing laundry IN FREAKIN' PARIS (thanks for the soap Liz). I got the keys to my 5th floor (YES FIVE FREAKIN' FLOORS) walk up. Okay I don't care how well I packed and that I was underweight 13kg's is HEAVY when you are schlepping up FIVE FLOORS. the staircase is circular and for me that is quite the challenge with my fear of heights, going up wasn't bad, it is the going down that makes me queasy.
I walked a few blocks and managed to get myself lost, finally found a grocery store and bought some juice, bread, cheese and a frozen quiche like product (tasted okay, had it for dinner). Oh and I found a Starbucks woohoo!
It is almost 9:30pm here so I soon will be calling it a night and tomorrow I will head out on and adventure, my goal is to find a red bus tour and see Paris before I venture out on foot. The metro (Subway) is really easy to manage and although my French is not so great I am managing okay so far.
Bonsoir everyone :o)
Comments