Momontre


I have come to realize that all big city's offer much of the same, only a different back drop.  Paris is so very lovely and so very overpriced.  Thanks Remko for the advice; I found a Marche and have been feeding on fruit and bread and cheese - the pastries do not appeal to me at all, oh and I went into McDonalds because I had to see - yup they offer French Pastry there as well - you can pay double for really bad food as well.
I am in for a steak dinner when I return to Canada so if anyone wants to buy (or cook) me dinner - I am so there.  Me who LOVES bread is actually tired of it; yup, I don't care if I see bread for a while now.  The fruit is quite tasty here and salads; well they are virtually non-existent (I think I may have said that already somewhere.
I went to a Castle today and it was not the one that I had hoped to go to; however it was nice, I ate my packed lunch on the grass overlooking Paris - it was the best view and the cheapest price.
I have discovered how everyone stays so thin in Paris - they all smoke (yuck) and there are freakin' stairs EVERYWHERE!!!  - I have 100 stairs to climb to get to my room and there is no view - and everywhere I go there are stairs up and then you have to go down to travel a tunnel to climb up again to get to where you want to be; I don't feel so bad for not going to the gym.
I have booked my flight to Edinburgh - I leave on the 11th and will be there for four nights.  I haven't heard from Amanda since I was in England, so I hope I hear from her while I am there.  To use the phone in Paris costs a fortune and we think Alberta is expensive!
Miss everyone - Les thanks for the comments, you ROCK - it is nice to hear from home.
More to come from Tina The Temp - tomorrow :o)

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is no such thing as too much bread. Period. On the other hand, I would have alternated the pastries and the bread, but hey... that's just me.

V.
Anonymous said…
Ok ok ...check out the dude with that Gal from Alberta....sexy dude he is....in the pic....of your profile heheheh

bik bik GC
Anonymous said…
Hey come to Toronto & we'll take you to the Keg. So how bad do you really want that steak!

From
R M & K
Anonymous said…
Hi Beener! Listen, have you ventured out to find the left bank/latin quarter? Just across the river from Notre Dame there is a tiny neighbourhood (not as far as the Sobornne but up that way). I ate some amazing food over there & cheapie cheapie! It's a student friendly area so it's really friendly too. (And you might hear more English). I did the bus tour and managed to find some cool spots I might not otherwise have gone to. Bummer about the rain but I hope its not too cold. Have you been up to Montmartre? (Moulin Rouge) You can go by bus or Metro but when you're up there WATCH OUT FOR PICKPOCKETS- it's crazy! If you keep your eyes open, you can see it happening all around.
Wish I was there with you!!! Sparky.