Neglected

Okay, so I have been neglecting my blog, it has been a while. I don't know if anyone even reads this so ... ,

Today is my last day at work; there have been about 200 people laid off in the past two weeks and of course I am one of them. Although I do know I will find something else, it may not be until the new year and that prospect is kind of scary. Haveing just taken six weeks off and returning to work the first part of October, I really don't want to be off for the month of December, that is not a good thing right now.

I have met a man as well, and although things seemed to be progressing there has been this drama and whirlwind that has happened - and he is not even living in Calgary any longer (almost overnight). That makes it difficult to nurture a new relationship 2009 is going to be a kick ass year for me :o).

Okay so now I have time to really give my apartment the attention it needs (without purchasing things), so I will clean and put up more photos and take care of "me".

You know thanks to Francis (a school mate from grade school years), I have been thinking about those days a lot and realized how important it is to have good friends and to let people be themselves and just accept them and enjoy them for who and what they are; and how crazy this world has truly become. We are so politically correct that we are not and we are so worried about hurting someone's feelings that we don't say anything. What the heck is that all about?? I celebrate Christmas and I respect that some people don't; how come they can't respect that I DO???? I like the feeling of the season where for a brief moment in time people stop for a moment and do something nice or smile at a stranger or people just think about someone else for a change. It is kind of nice, and it would be nicer if people did it all year long.

So as of December 1st, every single day I am going to say Merry Christmas to one person every day! I am such a rebel.

Thanks for reading if you are and thanks for listening to my rant.

Comments