Well, Stampede is upon Calgary
Lots to do during Stampede, lots of money being spent (where is the recession that everyone is speaking about?), I can hardly believe the hummmmm in the city.
On a more personal note, I start my first official day at Pembina June 22nd, yup I am settling in for a while and will actually become a full-time employee with Pembina Pipeline.
Not much to report really, missing my friends and feeling a bit unsettled, want to buy a house and well a mortgage is not a problem, the down payment well that is the problem, so I will wait and most likely will move sometime next year (maybe March or April).
I put a bee in Lynn's bonnet about coming to Calgary for a visit with the wee ones, Andrew was here in October of last year and well, maybe it would be good to have a change and ah well with air miles (of which I have many), she could fly for free; I hope she takes me up on it. It would be a gift I could give her and the boys that might help with her sanity. She seems to be a rock. I have talked to her a couple of times since Andrew's funeral and she is still missing him like crazy and life is so different, with the kids though she just has to go on, no time for herself. I am hoping that when she is here I can spend a day with the boys and she can take some time for herself, I think I will drop her at the spa for a massage and a pedicure (my treat) a bit of pampering for momma and then back to reality.
Kind of boring aren't I, well that will change when I start counting down and planning my trip to Italy/Greece I am definitely going August/Sept 2010 - watch me go!
Happy Friday everyone and remember...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.
On a more personal note, I start my first official day at Pembina June 22nd, yup I am settling in for a while and will actually become a full-time employee with Pembina Pipeline.
Not much to report really, missing my friends and feeling a bit unsettled, want to buy a house and well a mortgage is not a problem, the down payment well that is the problem, so I will wait and most likely will move sometime next year (maybe March or April).
I put a bee in Lynn's bonnet about coming to Calgary for a visit with the wee ones, Andrew was here in October of last year and well, maybe it would be good to have a change and ah well with air miles (of which I have many), she could fly for free; I hope she takes me up on it. It would be a gift I could give her and the boys that might help with her sanity. She seems to be a rock. I have talked to her a couple of times since Andrew's funeral and she is still missing him like crazy and life is so different, with the kids though she just has to go on, no time for herself. I am hoping that when she is here I can spend a day with the boys and she can take some time for herself, I think I will drop her at the spa for a massage and a pedicure (my treat) a bit of pampering for momma and then back to reality.
Kind of boring aren't I, well that will change when I start counting down and planning my trip to Italy/Greece I am definitely going August/Sept 2010 - watch me go!
Happy Friday everyone and remember...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.
Comments