Travelling; I want to do more....
Okay, so here is number two and I am sitting at my friends place in Vancouver; while everyone else sleeps, I write.
I love visiting here with these guys and I love cooking for them when I visit; this time is supposed to be a "me" visit though and I am supposed to be a tourist and actually do something other than stand in the kitchen... - apparently not, we had a BBQ on Saturday and I got to be the "chef" I swear sometimes being a good cook is not a blessing, don't get me wrong I really enjoy cooking, just not when it is 30 degrees Celsius and for 15 people, oh well it all turned out fine and we had a good time.
I did get to go to Steveston Marine to walk on the beach a bit yesterday and today I have been promised a trip to somewhere.
My dear friend has had a rough year and he has been ill (rough couple of years). It is awful to be ill; I remember when my asthma was so bad and I suffered because of the medications I was taking and the fact that breathing was so difficult. He has been a different kind of ill and it is sad to see a friend like that. I feel for him and it has drastically changed him (due to no fault of his own), he is suffering and it is sad. I am determined to have a good time with him and to be thankful that I have him here! I just have to respect his limitations and enjoy what we can do together.
Fun to be able to head to the beach!
Comments