Egypt Day 2


Okay so the best part of today was the free wifi – touring around this city I felt sad, saw all of the garbage and it just makes me ill.
Went to the library, and that is where they offered free wifi so I quickly updated facebook and read emails, felt a bit of a connection, it was nice.

Yesterday was so exciting and I ought to have stopped there, I heard Alexandria was such a beautiful city and yes parts of it are, once you drive through the derelict part. Yet the people don’t seem to be bothered by it, they seem happy so who am I to say. For me; I felt sadness.

Took some photos and this time I was happy to get back to the ship, I couldn’t wait for this tour to end.

Had a wonderful dinner tonight, met a lovely lady from the UK (Mel), she is in her 70’s and really quite interesting, I am going to a lecture (that her friend is giving on Wednesday) and there were a couple of other ladies from the UK as well Chris and her daughter Helen, a couple from Sudbury Brice and Deb (I think) Scott and his friend from Portland Oregon - all very entertaining and I even managed to cram down a shooter and an after dinner liquor. My dinner companions have been all so different, I would DEFINITELY do the “my time” dining again – thanks Gabriella for mentioning it to me.

Comments